Gregg Farm – Restored Plantation House for Sale in St. James: Bordering Apes Hill Development and overlooking the East Coast. 'Windswept' Gregg Farm
Windswept is elevated on a hill in Gregg Farm, and is a beautiful single story country residence. There are four bedrooms and two and half bathrooms of which the master is en suite and the second bedroom is air conditioned.
This four bedroom Barbadian plantation property is located on 6 acres of flat land and gently undulating hills. The home offers spectacular views of the aquamarine waters of the Atlantic Ocean and comprises of a spacious open plan design, perfect for entertaining. The living and dining areas open onto an L-shaped patio (752 sq. ft.) with stairs leading to an elevated roof deck patio designed for al fresco dining and entertaining. This St. Andrew real estate offers elegant décor and traditional Barbadian architectural design elements add to its appeal.
Windswept is a traditional plantation house which boasts Jalousied doors and windows allowing ventilation and access of balmy Atlantic Trade winds – year-round temp 18º to 28ºC. Other features include vaulted close-boarded ceilings with recessed halogen lighting, coral stone façades, hardwood balustrades and a living/sitting/dining area measuring 1,015.0 sq. ft.
The en suite master measures 312 square feet and comes with a 169 square foot walk in closet. There is also a 238 square foot en-suite bathroom with shower spa and Jacuzzi tub-complemented with a 98 square foot outdoor rain shower.
The media/family room measures 196 square feet and there is an office with built-in book shelves. Other features include ADSL wired (128 sq. ft.), a gym measuring 128 square feet, a powder room measuring 25 square feet and a laundry room. The outdoor powder room is to be completed.
This four bedroom Barbadian plantation property offers cedar doors and windows (external) and Tropical hardwoods (internal). There is lacquered Italian Walnut laminate hardwood floors in the living, dining, hallways and bedrooms, as well as porcelain and stone tiles. There is rubber matting in gym and travertine and granite countertops and window sills.
A must see property for a sophisticated buyer.
Features of this four bedroom Barbadian plantation property
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- En suite master bedroom (312 sq.ft.) with walk-in closet (169 sq.ft.)
- En suite master bathroom with shower spa & jacuzzi tub(238 sq.ft.) & outdoor rain shower (98 sq.ft.)
- Bedroom 2 is air conditioned
- Powder room (25 sq.ft.)
- Full bathroom
- Open plan living/sitting/dining area (1,015.0 sq. ft.)
- Jalousied doors & windows
- Vaulted close-boarded ceilings with recessed halogen lighting
- Coral stone façades
- Hardwood balustrades
- Media/family room (196 sq.ft.)
- Office with built-in shelves
- ADSL wired (128 sq.ft.)
- Gym (128 sq.ft.)
- L-shaped patio (752 sq. ft.)
- Elevated roof deck patio
- Laundry room
- Outdoor powder room (to be built)
- Cedar doors & windows (external)
- Tropical hardwoods (internal)
- Lacquered Italian Walnut laminate hardwood floors in living, dining, hallways & bedrooms
- Porcelain & stone tiles throughout
- Rubber matting in gym
- Travertine & granite countertops & window sills
- Garage accommodates two full-sized vehicles & storage area
- Planning permission & plans exist for a cottage as well as hillside gazebo. The property provides ample space for pool, garden development, tennis courts, putting green, etc.
Amenities nearby Gregg Farm, St. Andrew
This residence comprises of a spacious open plan design and is perfect for entertaining. The living and dining areas open on to a L-shaped patio (752 sq ft) with stairs leading to an elevated covered patio designed for al-fresco dining and entertaining. Elegant decor and traditional Barbadian architectural design elements add to its appeal.
Features of this four bedroom Barbados home
- Land area: 5 acres
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Main floor
- Living/dining (36’1”x29’9”) open with many doors to the patio and separated by columns
- Kitchen (19’10”x18’8”) with granite counters, center island breakfast bar, stone tiles
- Patio wrap around covered
- Gym (13’4”x 8’8”) A/C
- Office (16’x 8’8”) A/C
- Master bedroom (21’9”x 14’) with doors to the patio, his and hers separate walk-in-closets, A/C, en-suite (17’7”x 14’) with outdoor shower, Jacuzzi, indoor shower, double sink vanity
- Bedroom 2 (14’4”x 11’10”) built-in-closet, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 (13’8”x11’9”) built-in-closet, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4 (14’4”x13’11”) ceiling fan, A/C
- Powder room
- Covered patio deck (36’7”x 23’6”) with bar and east coast sea views.
- The gardens are laid mainly to lawn with fruit trees
- Enclosed dog run
- Fully enclosed
This property is a short drive to shops in Holetown.